Top News Daily 06.09.2018
- Belgian Think Tank Calls for Crypto Exchange and ICO Regulations at EU Level
A report from a Belgian think tank that will reportedly be distributed to European Union (E.U.) ministers calls for unified legislation on cryptocurrencies and more scrutiny on how they are distributed to investors, Reuters reported. The report, ostensibly released by Brussels-based think tank Bruegel, comes ahead of an informal meeting of economic and financial affairs ministers from the E.U. on cryptocurrency investments and taxation of the digital economy. The meeting will take place in Austria from Sept
- Coinbase is exploring a crypto ETF, and it has sought help from $6 trillion Wall Street giant BlackRock
Coinbase, the cryptocurrency exchange operator, is looking into getting a crypto exchange-traded fund off the ground, and it has sought help from the $6 trillion asset manager BlackRock. Coinbase is known for its wide-ranging business model, covering asset management, venture capital, trading, custody, and brokerage. It's now looking to create an exchange-traded product tied to crypto, according to people familiar with the matter, as a way to allow retail investors to gain access to the volatile crypto mark
- Bitcoin raised to $26,000 on Iranian exchanges
After the news that the Iranian authorities decided to legalize the cryptocurrency mining, the local bitcoin-market began to grow sharply. Because at the moment, bitcoin in Iran is trading at $ 26 thousand, which is approximately 4 times higher than the market average.
- Circle Taps Former US Homeland Security Official as New Legal ChiefCircle Internet Financial has announced the hiring of a former U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) official as its chief legal officer. As reported on the company's blog, the cryptocurrency startup has welcomed former DHS acting general counsel Gus Coldebella to its legal and senior leadership team. Going forward, Coldebella will oversee all of the firm's legal, compliance, regulatory and government affairs in this capacity.
- Crypto Exchange Kraken Denies Rumor of Office Closure, Security Breach
U.S.-based cryptocurrency exchange Kraken has denied a rumor that has emerged on social media claiming the firm is shutting down operations at one of its service centers amid a security issue. Reddit user "throwaway34034324" posted a thread on Thursday claiming that the exchange is closing operations in Halifax, Canada, and has "just laid off hundreds of people in response to a security [breach]."